Speaking Engagements & Workshops
Lauren and Emira are passionate about helping people define success on their own terms, and create thriving businesses that support their unique vision. Co-founders of a successful digital agency, and co-authors of The Boss of You, a groundbreaking guidebook for independent-minded female entrepreneurs, these two dynamic young women offer an uncommon blend of down-to-earth advice, intelligence, good humour, DIY-style creativity, and style.
They are available for a variety of speaking engagements, from keynotes to interactive workshops.
Topics & Themes
“I appreciated your insightful words on being women in business and, more broadly, on ways to make a living and make a difference. I, too, enrolled in an Economics course in university and eventually withdrew because I couldn’t say ‘profit margin’ without gagging.”
-Natasha J., Seattle, WA
Lauren and Emira design their talks to address the needs of your event, and would love to hear from you about your group’s membership and goals. Past themes include:
- Defining Business Success on Your Own Terms
- Growing Your Business: How to go from surviving to thriving
- You Are Your Best Employee: HR for the self-employed
- Networking for Nonconformists
- Marketing is Not a Dirty Word: Selling your wares without selling your soul
Get in Touch
Contact Lauren and Emira here.
Past Speaking Engagements:
- “Small + Successful” webinar for Citrix, Inc. – June 15, 2011.
- Women Entrepreneurs for Social Change – Vancouver, BC (May 13 & 14, 2011)
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, Vancouver chapter: “Leveraging Social Media to Facilitate Fundraising Efforts” – Vancouver, BC (May 12, 2011)
- Make Web Not War: “Being Curious for a Living” – Vancouver, BC (May 7, 2011)
- Yarn Market News Smart Business Conference – Portland, OR (March 13-15, 2011)
- Counterparts Conference – Voluntary Organizations Consortium of BC: “Wired World Partnerships” – Vancouver, BC (November 19, 2010)
- Hollyhock / UBC Leadership for Change Series: “Are You Web Ready? Key Learnings in Working Online for Change” – Vancouver, BC (November 9, 2010)
- Conference of Creative Entrepreneurs: “HR for the Self-Employed” – Seattle, WA (August 13-15, 2010)
- WordCamp Vancouver (June 12, 2010)
- Pecha Kucha Night Vancouver: “The Power of ‘And’” (May 26, 2010)
- Grassroots Business Association (June 17, 2009)
- Vancouver Craft Mafia (June 9, 2009)
- CRAVE Business Shop Symposium (Vancouver – March 30, 2009)
- Women’s AM Series (February 12, 2009)
- Urban Craft Uprising (December 6, 2008)
- The Lab @ Velocity Art and Design (July 23, 2008)
- The Money Making 10 Business Series (May 21, 2008)
- South by Southwest Interactive: “Boss Lady” (March 10, 2007)